Crunchy triple seed granola without refined sugar or oil – made with Medjool dates, almond butter, oats, cinnamon, and a mix of hemp, pumpkin, and flax seeds !✨
Ingredients in the Date-Sweetened Granola
- Nuts and seeds – add a variety of textures, flavors and nutrients.
- Old-fashioned rolled oats – I always use rolled oats for protein balls because during processing they get steamed and flattened/rolled. This makes the texture way better for no bake recipes!
- Nut butter – My one tip for nut butter is to make sure it’s drippy! It can be hard to mix when you have a more “solid” or “dry” nut butter, so I recommend finding a runny nut butter. You can use any nut butter you want for the base… even a seed butter like sunflower butter or tahini if you’re allergic to nuts.
- Date paste – I add date paste instead of a sweetener to my base because, in my opinion, it adds just the right amount of sweetness ! Feel free to use maple syrup or honey if you want to.
- Buckwheat seeds – The key ingredient for a crunchy granola !
Crunchy triple seed granola without refined sugar or oil – made with Medjool dates, almond butter, oats, cinnamon, and a mix of hemp, pumpkin, and flax seeds !
- 10 10-12 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup buckwheat seeds
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup flax seeds
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- In a high speed blender, combine the Medjool dates and hot water. Blend until smooth. Add almond butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Blend until smooth and thick. If it’s a little chunky that’s okay, but do not add more water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats and seeds. Add the date mixture to the dry ingredients, and mix until evenly coated.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread out the granola evenly between the pans. Bake for 20 minutes. Stir moving the outside bits to the inside and vice versa.
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes checking and stirring every 10 minutes so the edges don’t burn. It should be golden and dry/crisp when done. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 15 minutes. It will get crispier as it cools.
- I like to add dried cranberries or raisins and chocolate chips once the granola has cooled down.