This easy homemade bagel recipe is made from scratch with only 4 ingredients : flour, baking powder, salt and Greek yogourt. No yeast, no boiling.
EASY BAGEL (NO YEAST, YOGOURT DOUGH)
Servings: 12 bagels
Dry ingredients :
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 6 tsp baking powder
Wet ingredients :
- 3 cups greek yogourt
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl, add all your dry ingredients.
- Add the greek yogourt to your dry ingredients. Knead for a couple minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Divide into 12 small balls. Push a finger through the middle of each ball creating a round hole about 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Place on a baking sheet, sprinkle poppy seeds or sesame seeds over the bagels.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cook on broil for 1-2 minutes if needed. Enjoy !