The best vegan protein muffins : fluffy, chocolaty and incredibly delicious. these muffins are fudgy and oh so delicious ! They’re the perfect healthy snack that comes together easily in 1 bowl and in under 30 minutes. There’s no added sugar (sweetened with dates and bananas) and each muffin has over 10 grams of protein !
Ingredients in the Chocolate & PB Protein Muffins
- old-fashioned oats – oatmeal is naturally gluten-free but is often cross-contaminated during processing.
- bananas – the riper the better here. Bananas add a delicious flavor and help keep the muffins light and moist.
- chocolate protein powder – you can use your favorite protein powder, but if you want to keep the muffins vegan, make sure you use vegan protein powder.
- soy milk – I like to use unsweetened so I can control the amount of sweetener I add to the recipe.
- chocolate chips – again, to make this recipe vegan, make sure you grab vegan chocolate chips. I like the Enjoy Life brand.
- peanut butter – look for natural peanut butter that doesn’t have any added ingredients. The ingredient list should just read peanuts and salt! Can’t do peanuts? You can use any nut or seed butter you prefer.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE & PB PROTEIN MUFFINS
- 3 medium bananas mashed
- 2 tbsp date paste
- 2 tbsp natural smooth peanut butter
- 4 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Add mashed banana, date paste, peanut butter, non-dairy milk, vanilla and cinnamon into a large bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add in the oat flour, cocoa powder, protein powder, baking powder and baking soda. Use a spatula and mix until a thick batter forms. Add the chocolate chips. If the batter looks too thick, add an extra tbsp of non-dairy milk. If the batter is too runny, add more oats.
- Divide the batter into silicon muffin tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through. Check doneness by inserting a toothpick in the centre of one of the muffins, it should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Carefully transfer to a cooling rack and allow the muffins to cool for another 10 minutes before eating