Who wants brownie batter for breakfast? I probably didn’t need to ask, did I? Prep these thick brownie batter overnight protein oats the night before and you’ll be waking up to a bowl of brownie batter in the morning! It may seem like dessert but who says you can’t eat dessert for breakfast?! 🍫
Ingredients in the Brownie Batter Overnight Oats
- old fashioned rolled oats – rolled oats are the best for overnight oats. Instant/quick oats and steel cut oats don’t work the same because they don’t absorb liquid like rolled oats do.
- plant-based milk – pick your favorite !
- chia seeds – for added fiber, protein and healthy fats. Chia seeds also absorb some liquid, making the end result a little thicker.
- chocolate protein powder – my go-to : XPN Iso-Xtrem !
- cocoa powder – this gives the oats their rich chocolate flavor and dark color
- sea salt – a pinch of sea salt is the perfect flavor enhancer and brings out the nutty flavor of the oats
- optional toppings – berries, granola, sliced nuts and almond butter.
- mixed berries – easy way to make this sweet breakfast more nutritious. Switch it up to try new flavors every time.
BROWNIE BATTER OVERNIGHT PROTEIN OATS
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 scoop protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Add all ingredients to a glass container or bowl and mix well with a spoon. Make sure everything is mixed in and there are no dry clumps.
- Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- Top with banana, peanut butter and chocolate chips for an extra decadent treat. I opted for mango, goji berries and granola !