Prepare to be blown away by these crispy and crunchy Tofu Nuggets, that are my vegan version to chicken tenders ! They’re bound to be a part of your meal prep rotation – They’re a family favorite ! 😋
Can you reheat baked tofu ?
Of course! I like to reheat the nuggets in a toaster oven or regular oven to make sure it stays nice and crispy, but if you don’t have a toaster oven or are short on time, you can pop it in the microwave or reheat in a skillet on the stovetop.
This tofu recipe can be used in a variety of ways! Serve it as a main protein (almost like chicken nuggets) with dip, as a topping on salads, or stuffed into a wrap. There are so many ways you can serve this tasty tofu nuggets !
EXTRA CRUNCHY TOFU NUGGETS
- 1 block extra-firm tofu (454g), pressed
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup panko
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¾ cup plant-based milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Cut the tofu into slices.
- Preheat the oven to 395°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare your bowls with the flour, the buttermilk, and the crumbs.
- In a deep bowl, add the plant-based milk and the apple cider vinegar. Stir to combine and let sit for about 2 minutes. This is your buttermilk mixture.
- Add the cornstarch to its own bowl and line up side by side.
- In a bowl add all the crumb mixture ingredients. You can make your own panko by food processing 1 ¼ cups of brown rice krispies. Line up in a bowl beside the buttermilk.
- Take one tofu piece. Dip it into the cornstarch, shaking off all the excess cornstarch, then into the buttermilk. Shake off the excess buttermilk, then dip it back into the cornstarch, then into the buttermilk again, shaking off all the excess again. Then dip it into the crumb mixture, roll around, and place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with all the tofu fingers, placing them on a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, flipping them halfway through baking.
- Serve with your favorite sauce !
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment and star rating on this post and share on social media using the hashtag #thecanadianfoodie. I love seeing your recipe shares ! ❤️