A simple sweet and delicious snack or lunch (yes yes!) recipe. It takes less than 5 minutes to make, and you can enjoy a nutritious cookie for breakfast. Pair it with a coffee, add some fruit and some greek yogurt for a quick and easy meal ! ✨
Ingredients in the Vegan Double Chocolate Protein Cookie
- old-fashioned oats – oatmeal is naturally gluten-free but is often cross-contaminated during processing.
- flaxseed – we’re actually using flaxseed to make vegan “eggs”. Trust me, it acts as a binding agent.
- chocolate protein powder – you can use your favorite protein powder, but if you want to keep the muffins vegan, make sure you use vegan protein powder.
- soy milk – I like to use unsweetened so I can control the amount of sweetener I add to the recipe.
- chocolate chips – again, to make this recipe vegan, make sure you grab vegan chocolate chips. I like the Enjoy Life brand.
- cocoa powder – I like adding a little bit of extra chocolate flavor with the cocoa powder.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PROTEIN COOKIE
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 tsp oat flour (ground oats)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp ground flax seeds
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add the protein powder, oat flour, cocoa powder, ground flax seeds, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, add the applesauce, plant-based milk, almond butter and vanilla. Stir until well combined. Microwave for 10 to 15 seconds to make it easier to mix, if needed.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until a dough forms. If needed, add a tablespoon of plant-based milk if it’s too dry or a little more oat flour if it’s too wet. Add the chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Form a round cookie on the baking sheet. Bake for about 10-15 minutes. Let cool on the pan for at least 5 minutes. Enjoy !