A cheesy grilled-cheese sandwich is one of my favorite quick comfort foods. It’s just perfect when you want an easy lunch or dinner. It is so satisfying and tasty. I like to serve mine with a warm soup ! They are also super versatile, you can add any vegetables or seasoning you’d like. 🍃
Ingredients in the Kale Grilled-Cheese
- shredded kale – any variety of kale will work or spinach can work too
- garlic powder – you can use fresh garlic, I like to use the powder as it’s quicker
- cream cheese – you can use vegan cream cheese for a vegan option !
- cottage cheese – it adds a little protein to the grilled-cheese but you can omit it
- bread – I used the new Pain de l’Artisan by Bon Matin for this recipe and it was PERFECT !
- butter – you can use oil or margarine
- cheese – use any cheese you’d like !
KALE GRILLED CHEESE
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- A pinch garlic powder
- 1 handful kale roughly chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp cottage cheese
- 2 slices bread Bon Matin
- 1 tsp butter
- 30 g Allegro cheese grated
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the kale, a pinch of salt and garlic powder, and sauté for a couple minutes or until wilted.
- Remove from the heat, transfer to a bowl, drain off excess liquid and stir in the cream cheese and cottage cheese. Set aside.
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat. Spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread. Add a slice of bread, buttered side down, to the pan. Spread some grated cheese, the kale cream cheese filling, a little more cheese and the other slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Use a spatula to gently press down on the sandwich. When the bottom bread is golden, turn the sandwich over and bake until the other side is also toasted and the cheese is melted, about 2 to 4 minutes per side.