This decadent Chocolate Stuffed French Toast is what dreams are made of! It is LOADED with a protein chocolate sauce ! If you want to take it to a whole new level, add a berry compote or fresh berries 🫐
Ingredients in the Chocolate Stuffed French Toast
- bread – I like to use a whole grain bread for added fiber
- chocolate protein powder – my go-to : XPN Iso-Xtrem !
- cocoa powder – this gives the oats their rich chocolate flavor and dark color
- plant-based milk – pick your favorite !
- egg – you can replace it with a mix of chia seed + plant-based milk for a vegan option
- mixed berries – easy way to make this sweet breakfast more nutritious. Switch it up to try new flavors every time.
HIGH PROTEIN CHOCOLATE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
This decadent Chocolate Stuffed French Toast is what dreams are made of! It is LOADED with a protein chocolate sauce ! If you want to take it to a whole new level, add a berry compote or fresh berries.
- 2 slices bread
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp chocolate sauce (see recipe below)
- 1/4 cup mixed berries
- 1 tsp oil
Chocolate sauce :
- 1/4 cup plain yogourt
- 2 tbsp chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp plant based milk
- Add all the ingredients of the chocolate sauce to a bowl, except for the milk. Mix well and set aside. The sauce should have a pudding texture. Only add the milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Whisk the egg, milk, and vanilla extract together and pour into a large flat dish. Spread 2-3 tbsp of the chocolate sauce on one slice of bread and use the remaining slice of bread to create a sandwich.
- Soak each side of your newly formed sandwich in the egg/milk/vanilla batter for 1 minute (depending on how quickly it absorbs).
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add the sandwich and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Once golden, remove the sandwich and slice in half.
- Plate. Add the milk to the rest of the chocolate sauce so you can drizzle it on the French Toast. Serve with a berry compote or top with fresh berries.
- Enjoy !