Make snack time easy this week and make a batch of these energy balls for a healthy meal prep snack throughout the week. These delicious energy balls are no bake, easy to make, and taste amazing. These balls take minutes to throw together, are filled with good-for-you ingredients and I’ll share with you how to create different flavors. Does it get any better ? ✨
Ingredients in the Energy Balls
- Old-fashioned rolled oats – I always use rolled oats for protein balls because during processing they get steamed and flattened/rolled. This makes the texture way better for no bake recipes!
- Nut butter – My one tip for nut butter is to make sure it’s drippy! It can be hard to mix when you have a more “solid” or “dry” nut butter, so I recommend finding a runny nut butter. You can use any nut butter you want for the base… even a seed butter like sunflower butter or tahini if you’re allergic to nuts.
- Date paste – I add date paste instead of a sweetener to my base because, in my opinion, it is the key to balanced flavor! Feel free to use maple syrup or honey if you want to.
- Protein powder – you can use your favorite protein powder and change the flavor based on the combo of ingredients that you pick !
THE BEST CUSTOMIZABLE ENERGY BALL RECIPE
- 1 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, tahini…)
- 1/4 cup date paste
- 2 tbsp protein powder
- 2 tbsp condiments of your choice (chocolate chips, coconut, raisins, cranberries, etc)
- Add oats, nut butter, date paste, protein powder, and condiments of your choice in a large bowl.
- Mix until you get a smooth mixture. You can use your hands to mix. When well mixed, use a small cookie spoon to form the dough into balls. If the mix is too dry or crumbly, you can add a little water or soy milk to the mix, 1 tsp at a time, until the mixture is moist enough to form into balls.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Chocolate protein powder + peanut butter + chocolate chips
- Chocolate protein powder + almond butter + coconut
- Vanilla protein powder + cashew butter + raisins + cinnamon
- Vanilla protein powder + tahini + chocolate chips
- Vanilla protein powder + almond butter + cranberries + white chocolate chips